We show the effectiveness of the test on gold coins with a video made by other people. We can see that the app can correctly detect fake and genuine coins.
- [4:47] (Fake) 50 Mexican pesos 1921: 0 star
- [5:00] (Genuine) 50 Mexican pesos 1947: 3 stars
- [5:18] (Fake) 100 Austria Corona: 0 star
- [5:26] (Genuine) 100 Austria Corona 1915: 3 stars
We show the effectiveness of the test on silver coins with a video made by other people. We can see that the app can correctly detect genuine coins. Fake coins sometimes generate quite poor sound, thus the app does not have enough data to draw a conclusion.
- [1:30] (Genuine) 5 francs 1840: 2 stars
- [2:15] (Fake) 10 yuan panda 1oz: not enough data
- [2:33] (Genuine) 5 spanish pesetas: 3 stars
- [2:46] (Genuine) Britannia 1oz 2017: 3 stars
- [3:13] (Genuine) 5 peru pesetas: 2 stars
- [3:22] (Genuine) Walking Liberty half dollar 1945 (1): 2 stars
- [3:38] (Genuine) Walking Liberty half dollar 1945 (2): 2 stars
- [4:08] (Fake) Seated Liberty 1 trad dollar 1874: 0 star
- Open your app and click “Check” just before the coin ping.
- Click “Stop” just after the ping has diminished.
Please note that, the sound quality of video is not always good. Luckily, since our friend youtubers often ping one coin several times, it gives us several chances to try especially when you got “not enought data” or “unstable result”.
Don’t forget: a real test always produces sound with better quality for the test.